You know that killer keyword-rich content should be attention grabbing, benefit-driven, creative, and original. You know that your content should always be as engaging and as shareable as possible. But, do you know HOW to make every blog post, infographic, video or podcast a highly shareable, well-structured must-read?
Get inspired with these 11 editorial fire-starters:
1) Tell them “HOW TO” do it.
- “How to” articles and features can be highly useful, and actionable.
- g. “Positive thinking: How to change your future”, “How to do Change your Motor Oil without getting your hands dirty”., “How to Create a Great Powerpoint Presentation.”
2) Present them with a “LIST” or “CHECKLIST”
- Lists are easy to digest, easy-to-read and easy to act upon.
- g. 10 tricks for a fabulous workday, 5 FREE ways to Pre-Test Your Marketing’s Success, 10 Stories that Shook The World.
3) HYPE it up with hyperbole.
- Enticing adjectives get your reader’s attention, and pique their interest.
- 9 Brilliant Inventions made by Mistake, 7 Terrible Jobs No One Should Have To Do!, 10 Amazing Practical Jokes.
4) Offer them a SHORTCUT.
- Simplify a complex subject for your reader, and make life a little easier.
- g. 3 Easy Steps to Breaking Bad Habits, Import from Tumblr in 3 Easy Steps., Master Excel in 5 easy steps.”
5) Promise them a SAVING.
- Tell them how they can save money, or better still – get it FREE!
- Fix X with this 5c solution, How to get X done for FREE.
6) Show them what to AVOID.
- Offer fresh insights, and help your reader steer clear of all pitfalls.
- g. 11 reasons a 23-year-old shouldn’t run your social media, 10 business clichés that prove you’re lazy, Your Desk is Making you Stupid.
7) Make it URGENT.
- Offer them must-see new insight, the latest trend, breakthrough or solution.
- 5 ____ You Haven’t Tried Yet, 7 New _____ Worth Exploring, 6 New _____ To Check Out.
8) ASSOCIATE with the big boys (or girls)
- Hook up with trending news, or do a clever bit of name-dropping.
- Why Apple does Y. * lessons Nike can teach you., 10 Amazing Life Lessons from Albert Einstein.
9) Play with PUNS
- Give your reader’s a clever play-on-words that will make them smile.
- “The 7 Deadly Sins of Facebook”, “What Apple knows about the forbidden fruit of Marketing”
10) Make it EXCLUSIVE
- Offer your reader something that no-one else has access to.
- True secret to success (Its not what you think). The insiders guide… the secrtes of … the truth about
11) Promise them the X-factor
- Reveal the magical, elusive winning qualities they need to win.
- 2 little words to close more sales, 7 tips for creating your own destiny, The 5 traits of high-potential employees
There you have it – 11 sure-fire ways KeywordCreative.com can position you as the EXPERT in your field.