To eliminate a lot of the guesswork and risk from your online and offline marketing promotions – without spending or wasting a dime – simply use this client-focused creative checklist.
This tried-and-tested ‘formula’ has been around as long as the world’s oldest profession. It’s guaranteed to work in sales, retail, B2B, B2C and just about every kind of direct response marketing you can think of.
Try it for yourself right now. Take any one of your marketing materials (hopefully before you actually test it!) and ask:
1. Will it instantly grab your audience’s ATTENTION?
- Does the headline or subject line promise a specific benefit?
- Does your promotion use an eye-catching visual or colors?
- Does your marketing stand out among the clutter of your competition?
- Is it presented in a format that your audience finds engaging?
2. Will your message be of INTEREST to your audience?
- Does it tell a relevant story?
- Does your story cast your customer in the role of hero?
- Is it appropriate to the time and place that your message is being delivered?
- Is your message being delivered in a brand-appropriate, engaging voice?
3. Will your promotion create DEMAND for your product or service?
- Does it clearly explain why your customer needs your offering – and why they need it now?
- Does it suggest or state what will happen if they don’t respond right now?
- Does it mention every relevant benefit your offering can deliver?
- Does it make your product or service appear superior to the competition?
4. Will your promotion make your audience feel CONFIDENT they’re doing the right thing?
- Does your promotion deliver on the benefit promised in the headline or subject line?
- Is your story credible?
- Does it offer a special guarantee or deliver peace of mind?
- Does your message tackle and remove any doubts that your customer may have?
5. Will it make your audience ACT right away, in the way you want them to?
- Is it clear what the customer has to do?
- Do you give them a good reason as to WHY they should do it?
- Is it easy for the customer to do what you want them to do?
- Will it make them remember your message, your service or product?
Any “no” answers signify the need for revisions and improvements, while “yes” answers are proof that you’re definitely on the right track.
Use this creative checklist every time to pre-test your marketing’s effectiveness without spending a dime. It prevents you from putting out lemons. It helps you identify specific areas that need to work harder. It can inspire your marketing creativity. And, it is guaranteed to help you get the most bang for your buck along with the successful results you want.