Starting anything new can seem a daunting task for anyone – especially when your future depends on your success. However, this quick and easy creative checklist will eliminate all the grey areas from your content marketing ambitions, and help you propel your project forward with clarity and confidence.
For best results, develop your thinking in 3 clearly defined stages.
1) Properly Profile Your Target Audience.
This will help you identify:
- Your U.S.P. (Unique Selling Proposition).
- The challenges you face, and how you can overcome them.
- The specific kinds of content that will appeal to your target audience.
- Which promotion, traffic drivers and social media marketing will engage them best.
- Which editorial voice/s your target audience will respond to best.
- Offers and incentives will attract the specific audience you want.
- The keywords and phrases your target audience is most likely to use in music-related search queries.
- What clearly differentiates the your content marketing from your competition.
2) Develop a Solid Content Marketing Strategy.
This will help you:
- Plan and prepare engaging keyword-rich content.
- Develop solid, achievable goals for every page and every element of your website.
- Be prepared to take advantage of any event-related promotional opportunities that may arise – when they happen.
- Develop a strong editorial program for your site; a program that fully supports and builds upon your overall marketing plans.
- Build a strong channel for your brand; a channel that will grow as demand and interest build.
3) Decide on or Develop a Versatile, Easy-to-Use Content Management System.
This will help you:
- Define the structure of the creative/editorial content and keep it consistent, e.g. 400-word articles, 20-word teasers, infographics, videos, slideshows etc.
- Instantly create, curate, rearrange and repurpose content to meet opportunities as they arise.
- Insert and/or rearrange content as you see fit.
- Keep the look and feel of your website consistent, relevant, and recognizable.
There you have it – a powerful 3-Stage Guide to planning your Content Marketing success.
For further assistance and insight, contact KeywordCreative.com today.